Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why buy cruelty-free?
A: In today’s world there are literally endless options available at your fingertips that make cruelty-free not only an ethical choice but an easy and convenient one! Cruelty-free and vegan leather is not only kinder, but often much less expensive than animal derived leather, lasts longer, is water resitant, light-weight and comes in even more color and texture options than the 'real deal'.
Q: How long will my order take to arrive?
A: Orders going out within the USA usually take between 5-10 business days in normal conditions and orders to Canada can take between 10-15 business days depending on distance. Mail systems can be unpredictable at times and can be affected by thing like weather, high seasonal volume, and other variables. Tracking numbers are provided with all orders so you may check on the progress your package has been made in getting to you.
Q: I need my order to arrive ASAP! Can I arrange priority shipping?
A: Sure no problem! We can arrange to send your order via an express mail service which will ensure your package arrives as quickly as possible. Please contact us before placing your order via our Contact Page so we may prepare an estimate for you as expedited package rates will apply.
Q: I don’t live in the United States or Canada, how can I place an order?
A: We can arrange to send packages to other countries. Please contact us via our Contact Page prior to placing your order. We will estimate shipping costs to your unique location and set up a code so you can complete a purchase through our checkout page. Please be mindful that customs, tariffs and/or brokerage fees may apply to internationally shipped items.
Q: What is your returns policy?
A: We have an easy returns policy in place. If you are unhappy with your purchase we accept returns and exchanges. Please preview our Returns Policy here.
Q: What is the difference between cruelty-free and vegan leather?
A: Vegan leather refers to any material that was designed to look like leather without the use of any animal products. Cruelty-free is a term typically used to describe products that are not tested on animals. While many items may be one or the other, here at White Rhino Bags we are both!
Q: Are these the same as Faux Leather?
A: Faux leather is a blanket term used to describe any leather-like material that is not made from the hide of an animal. Not all Faux-Leathers are created equal - White Rhino maticulously sources high quality, long lasting leather-like materials, as function and longevity are very important in our designing process.
Q: What are the products by White Rhino made from?
A: White Rhino Bags only stocks products made from PU, Vinyl, Cork, and post consumer recycled man-made materials. NEVER animal-derived fabrics! For detailed information about our fabrics please visit this blog post
Q: Where are your products designed and manufactured?
A: White Rhino Bag’s collections are designed in-house. We have two main offices, one in Victoria British Columbia Canada and one in Austin Texas USA. We have an amazing partnership with a crafthouse in Vietnam who we work very closely with to manufacture many of our designs. Our made-to-order designs are manufactured in-house.
Q: Do you have a question that wasn’t answered here?
Please send us a message through the Contact Page. We’d love to answer any question you might have!
Q: Are your bags water resistant? How do you clean them, specially the white ones?
A: Yes! Our bags are water resistant but, of course, not intended to be submerged or otherwise in contact with water for extended periods of time.
Q: What about sustainability?
A: White Rhino is dedicated to providing vegan alternatives to the fashion market as well as providing the most sustainable business model possible. We do this by;
- Producing slowly in small, limited edition batches - ensuring that the manufacturing process is managed thoughtfully, and all of our designs find good homes.
- Utilizing plant-based and recycled materials – This extends into our packaging, as well as our fabrics which you may read more about here.
- Minimal Packaging – We do not ship orders in single-use plastic. We use recycled materials in our packaging including biodegradable eco-mailers which minimize our footprint and waste.
- Strategic design – Great care is put into our pattern making to minimize material waste at the production level. Additionally fabric scraps left over from manufacturing are used to make new samples, smaller products and arts & craft bundles to divert scrap from ending up in the garbage.
- Building meaningful working relationships - Exploitive work practices, undercutting and undervaluing stakeholders is not only bad business; It is totally unsustainable. We believe in building long-lasting, meaningful working relationships with professionals who are dedicated to giving back to the communities around them. From the guy who does our printing to our lovely manufacturers in Vietnam we put our money into supporting like-minded people and their small businesses so that we can all grow together.
Q: What about certifications?
A: We are a small business, who supports and works with other small businesses.
Q: Where will my order ship from?
A: Canadian orders are shipped from our main office in Victoria BC.
Q: Why is the pricing in USD? I thought this was a Canadian brand
A: White Rhino is a Canadian company.